Kootenay West MLA Katrine Conroy is welcoming $103,210 through the province’s BC Arts Council Grant Program for community projects that will create new programs that encourage more inclusivity and accessibility in the creative sector, including those that support emerging Indigenous artists.
“A lively art scene is central to a vibrant community,” said Conroy. “Our government is making important investments in the creative economy.”
Recipients in the communities of Castlegar, Trail, Rossland, Silverton and Winlaw benefiting from this latest round of grants include:
- Nightwood Editions: $48,132
- Kootenay Gallery Of Art, History And Science: $20,700
- Trail & District Community Arts Council: $13,078
- Rossland Council For Arts & Culture: $12,000
- Slocan Lake Gallery Society / Dba Slocan Lake Arts Council: $2,800
- Slocan Valley Community Arts Council: $6,500
Budget 2019 announced an additional $15 million over the next three years to the BC Arts Council, bringing its annual budget to $34 million in 2019-20.
In addition to new programs, this investment will also enable the council to further build on the funding increase provided in 2018 to enhance the capacity of arts and culture organizations in more than 200 communities.
Learn More: https://news.gov.bc.ca/19152