Victoria Street Bridge to 'put its purple on'
On Saturday, April 7, the Victoria Street Bridge will be one of many municipal landmarks across the country lit in purple in support of the Put Your Purple On campaign. The campaign supports Advocacy of Optimal Oral Health and is an important part of National Dental Hygienists Week. The theme of this week, “Oral Health for Total Health,” highlights the benefits of maintaining oral health and encourages all Canadians to brush, floss and receive regular dental care.
The lights will come on at dusk (approximately 7:30 pm) and local dental professionals will be meeting at the Victoria Street Bridge to celebrate the cause and take photos for social media. We encourage everyone to watch for them on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram with #dhpurplepride
For more information about this great cause, contact Christine Chore at email@example.com or at 250-608-9755.
The following municipal landmarks will be lit purple in support of the campaign:
- Science World/TELUS World of Science (Vancouver): April 7
- Vancouver Olympic Cauldron & district markers: April 7
- Victoria Street Bridge (Trail): April 7
- Calgary Tower: April 7
- Edmonton High-Level Bridge: April 8
- Reconciliation (Langevin) Bridge (Calgary): April 8
- Brampton City Hall Clock Tower: April 6 (evening)-April 8
- CN Tower: April 7
- 3D Toronto sign (Nathan Philips Square): April 7-8
- Town of Midland (landmark TBC): sometime during April 7-13
- Peace Bridge (Fort Erie/Buffalo): April 7
- Welland Bridge: April 9-13
Newfoundland & Labrador
- Confederation Building (St. John’s): April 7-13