Tech-savvy Trail provides app for residents to report issues to city
The City of Trail has contracted with Really Simple Reporting to bring a customized phone app to Trail residents to encourage reporting on issues like Roads, Water/Sewer, Parks, Bylaws and more. Really Simple Reporting is a free app download at the iPhone and Android App Stores, and it’s easy to use – just follow the steps below.
How to use the Really Simple Reporting App
1. Download the free app from your device’s App Store.
2. Enable your Location and Camera* for using the app. *Found in the Settings of your device.
3. Open the app on your device. You will see six options. The “Custom” option can be any issue or problem that does not fit into the other five categories.
4. Click the button most appropriate for the issue or problem you would like to report. Your camera will open.
5. Take a photo of the issue or problem you are reporting, i.e., Pothole, Street Light, Parks. Once you choose to use the photo, your default Email application will open. You may add a message if you wish, but the app has already picked up your exact GPS location and has included the coordinates in the body of the Email.
6. Hit send! An Email will go directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. City staff will review the photo and will be able to identify the exact location of the issue using the included GPS location.
For additional information, see trail.ca/ReallySimpleReporting or call 250-364-0840.