Trail water conservation in effect as of June 1
Effective June 1, 2020, and pursuant to the City of Trail Waterworks Bylaw, water use conservation measures are in place for all areas of the City of Trail as follows:
- Lawn watering is permitted only on odd numbered days for odd numbered premises and even numbered days for even numbered premises.
- Conventional lawn watering, typically a garden hose and sprinkler head, is permitted only during the hours of 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM on your designated day.
- Automatic sprinkler systems such as underground sprinklers, or other sprinklers that are controlled by an automatic turn on/turn off device, are permitted from midnight to 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM to midnight on your designated day. These automated sprinkler systems must be set to a maximum time of 30 minutes per zone.
- Hand watering of gardens and flower beds is permitted any time of the day or evening, providing a flow control device is used i.e. a hose nozzle.
- Although not recommended, but if required, washing of sidewalks or driveways is permitted only during the hours of 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM on your designated day. Wetting down sidewalks and driveways as a form of cooling is prohibited.
- If possible avoid over-spraying onto sidewalks, driveways, streets or alleys.
- The City of Trail thanks you in advance for your cooperation in helping us preserve this precious resource, and reminds you that water conservation is a global concern.
For further information on water conservation, please call 250-364-0813.