Poll

JunJulAugSepOctNovDec

Border incident sees one man taken into U.S. custody

US officials have confirmed the man police were searching for near the Roosville border crossing has been taken into custody. Just before 4 p.m. this afternoon, US officials confirmed that the man they, and the RCMP, were searching for has been arrested and is in custody south of the border. A number of RCMP officers, who...

Kaslo’s Mushroom Man pitches pilot project to council

A Kaslo area farmer has been given permission to plant mushrooms along a local trail as an unusual experiment in community gardening. Robin Mercy was given the okay to “inoculate” (as planting mushrooms is called) logs along Kaslo’s Wardner Trail by council last month. He says the pilot project is a test of principles of […]

Pine Avenue temporary closure extended to April 21

Update: April 15, 2021 - The temporary road closure of the 1100 block of Pine Avenue has been extended to Wednesday, April 21, 2021.  Thank you for your ongoing patience and cooperation. Previous coverage: Beginning on Monday, April 12, 2021 there will be a temporary road closure of the 1100 block of Pine Avenue for the new...

Selkirk College Increases Focus on Pandemic Financial Assistance

To ensure learners receive the financial support required to continue studies through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Provincial Government is providing increased emergency assistance to Selkirk College. Earlier this month, the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Training announced additional emergency ...

BC reports 873 new cases overnight, over 1 mill vaccinations delivered so far

Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the COVID-19 response in British Columbia: “Today, we are reporting 873 new cases, for a total of 113,702 cases in British Columbia. Due to a delay in the Public Health Reporting...

Man charged after robbery allegedly carried out at Castlegar convenience store

RCMP said in a media release Monday, that criminal charges have now been approved by the BC Prosecution Service against a Castlegar man accused of robbing a local convenience store Sunday evening. RCMP said on April 11, 2021 shortly after 10 p.m., front line RCMP officers responded to a report of a robbery just committed at...

Editorial: About that elderly Rossland couple and their COVID-19 fine

Readers will have seen a news item about a couple who crossed the border after getting medical services in the United States, and were accused of not following required procedures, and were issued a fine for $3,450 for their “non-compliance.”  But there is much more to that story, and readers should know what really happened...

Letter: Rossland Speed Trap

To The Editor: I’m sure that the residents who live on Washington St. are litterly shaking their head over this article. Speeding on Washington Street is just as bad as it ever has been. The narrower roadway has made no difference. As Washington Street is a busy street, I can assure you that the police officer hasn’t even...

Join online rally to support three local authors as they Fear Less

Ed. Note: Transparency demands I acknowledge that I, the editor of The Source, count two of these authors among my best friends. I find them to be relentlessly kind, thoughtful, generous, and driven to be the best versions of themselves they can possibly be. I highly recommend this book as the product of beautiful minds and...

Crash near Sicamous claims two lives

A two-vehicle head-on collision on Highway 1 seven kilometers east of Sicamous has claimed two lives, according to BC Highway Patrol Sgt. Chad Badry. "On April 6, 2021, just after 1 p.m., BC RCMP frontline members from Sicamous Detachment and RCMP Traffic Services responded to a report of a serious two vehicle head-on collision...

Other News Stories

Opinion